The term bullying refers to intentional agressive actions and behaviour, carried out by one single person or by a group of people who deliberately intend to hurt or damage a peer who cannot easily defend himself and which happen repeatedly in time, extending over weeks, at times months or years.
Against Bullying in Children and Youth
(Switzerland), June 2007
We the participants at the “Joint Efforts Against Victimization Conference” in Kandersteg/Switzerland in June 8th to 10th, 2007 pledge our long term commitment and determination to promote healthy relationships and prevent bullying and victimization in children and youth.
• Today, an estimated 200 million children and youth around the world are being abused by their peers.
• Every child and youth has the right to be respected and safe. Bullying is a violation of this basic human right.
• It is the moral responsibility of adults to censure these rights are honored and that healthy development and citizenship are promoted. Many adults want more understanding and strategies to address bullying problems effectively.
• Bullying is a form of aggression, involving the abuse of power in relationships. It is recognized globally as a complex and serious problem. It has many faces, including the use of emerging technologies, and varies by age, gender, and culture.
• Children and youth involved in bullying suffer. Bullying and victimization problems begin early in life and for some last a lifetime.
• Many risk and protective factors associated with bullying are known and prevention programs are being implemented in several countries with encouraging results.
• The mental and physical health, social, and academic consequences of bullying have an enormous impact on human and social capital. The costs of bullying burden our education, health care, social services, and criminal justice systems, as well as work force productivity and innovation
• Bullying concerns and affects us all.
Actions to taken :
• Stop bullying now in all the place where children and youth live, work, and play.
• Start prevention efforts early and continue these through childhood and adolescence, targeting known risk and protective factors and promoting healthy relationships.
• Educate and empower all adults involved with children and youth to promote healthy relationships and prevent bullying.
• Use policy and prevention programs, based on scientific research, that are appropriate for age, gender, and culture, and that involve families, peers, schools, and communities.
• Provide ongoing assessment and monitoring necessary to evacuate the success of policy and programs and to guarantee the rights of children and youth.
IFOS è Provider Nazionale per il rilascio di crediti ECM - Educazione Continua in Medicina (Ministero della Salute) ed è accreditato presso l'Ordine Nazionale degli Assistenti sociali per l'organizzazione di eventi formativi e per il rilascio di crediti.
L'Abc dei comportamenti devianti online. A breve l'aggiornamento 1.1
Il glossario sul cybercrime scritto per il Ministero della Giustizia da Luca Pisano, Valeria Cadau, Isabella Mastropasqua. Con il patrocinio di GOOGLE ITALY e dell'ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA DEI MAGISTRATI PER I MINORENNI E LE FAMIGLIE. www.iglossa.org
In collaborazione con l'Ufficio IV del Dipartimento Giustizia Minorile e di Comunità, Ministero della Giustizia.
Ciclo di seminari su: Identità Virtuale, Valutazione delle competenze genitoriali virtuali, Valutazione della "maturità psicologica" dei minori che commetono reati online.